Hair: Fishtail Braids



wearing this sweater

While I had long hair before my pixie cut I've never been very good at styling it. I don't know how to french braid, get perfect loose waves, or until recently: fishtail braid. One of my goals this year is to learn more ways to style my hair and first up is a fishtail braid. It's not a very complicated process, but it is tricky enough on short and fine-r hair and I know I still need some practice. At least this style looks good messy so if it doesn't come out perfect it will still look good. I'd like to try this style as milkmaid braids when my hair is slightly longer.
How To:
-divide your hair into 2 sections
-take a small piece from the outermost side of one section (in these pictures: the right side/back of the head) and add it to the other section
-pull tight
-repeat on the opposite section; i.e. take a small piece of hair from closest to your face and pull it across to the section by the back of your head
-continue the process using as small pieces of hair as possible
-repeat until you reach the ends of your hair

CONVERSATION

Back
to top