Bees Knees

Bees freak me out a bit. Not the buzzing around my face at a picnic part, I'm actually rather calm through that since the only times I've been stung by a bee were when I was walking outside barefoot and stepped on one. No, I'm more unnerved by all the bizarre bee deaths articles I keep stumbling across. It's not colony collapse disorder per se, since the bees don't just disappear one season, but rather the appearance of hundreds of thousands of dead bee corpses in various cities and towns. Like when 50,000 dead bees wound up in a parking lot in Wilsonville, Oregon. Eventually many of these stories are explained by pesticides, but it's still just so bizarre and troubling--especially when concern for declining bee populations is sparse.
Anyway, the dress is hardly a political/ecological statement, but rather a fun dress I couldn't resist and a decent conversation starter for one of my random interests. I love the quilted look of the dress and it is a slightly warmer dress option for these winter months...

Outfit details:
thrifted belt
Shop Ruche coat (sold out, similar)
vintage Coach purse
*pictures by Thomas

CONVERSATION

Back
to top