>

Monday, May 20, 2013

A Splendid Artichoke of Anecdotes

These pictures were quite funny to shoot. Shortly after I had found this quiet spot in a park in town and set up my tripod, a couple shooting engagement photos (or something similar) came trooping along with their own photographer. They were pretty much taking pictures on the other side of my tripod which was a bit awkward for both of us as we tried to avoid eye contact and finish the thing quickly--or at least I tried to be quick (I was finished in about 15 minutes). Ah the joys of photography. It seems if you aren't surprising joggers in the woods, or being followed by suspicious cars (ie any car with darker windows) then you're awkwardly watching a blooming romance and listening to a couple explain how they met to their photographer who's saying "you don't normally kiss like that, do you? Show me the love." Yep, become a personal style blogger and in addition to gaining this weird, daily diary of your outfits you will acquire amusing anecdotes in spades...

13 comments:

Tam Tam D said...

Love the dress. Id wear that. Don't reckon id fine one in the charity shops ;)

Natasha said...

Hahaha, that's hilarious. I usually only take outfit photos at home :)

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

That dress is so cute on you! I love when weird things happen when I take pictures! Well, I don't love it at the time, but I appreciate the humor in it afterwards! lol Like when people just stare at me for a good five seconds and then walk away!
~Sara
Sincerely, Sara

Vera said...

I,m absolutely in love with every post of yours.. Your style is amazing!

Alexandra Marie said...

Haha, that is so funny! Love the outfit and the pictures were worth the awkwardness- they are lovely!
tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

Kitsune-kun said...

haa. I just shot engagements last night and they never cease to be awkward. agh.

Peta said...

can't believe you take your own photos! They are fantastic. Have you ever done a post about taking your own photos? I'd love to read it!

Rebekah Bradford said...

Your photos really are beautiful! I know what you mean though--weird things have happened while I've taken pictures in public places :p Although I've never been followed by a car...that would be slightly disturbing...

http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

Abigail said...

That's a pretty funny story- that kind of thing never happens to me because I take pictures at home in about five minutes- but I'd like it to!

MarieBayArea said...

That dress is fabulous, a real stunner. You outdid yourself. Gotta love the red lips and the red purse. Your skin and makeup look so good. You're all glowy, lit from within. My guess is that's not just the makeup.

BaronessVonVintage said...

That colour looks fabulous on you! Great photos!

Shannon Willardson said...

This dress is so fun!

Shannon
http://GBOfashion.com

Natalie said...

That's so funny! At least it was over quickly. Your photos are really great!

Web Statistics