>

Friday, February 8, 2013

Any Star Can Be Devoured By Human Adoration

I saw people taking down these twinkle lights the day after these pictures were taken. I know it's time, that the holidays are over and the remnants must be removed, but I still get a bit sad. There's something about tiny lights on a string that always feel magical. I suppose I still see them with a child's eyes and imagination as each winter bare trees are transformed by them--long winter nights seem less ominious with those little sparks of light. Hopefully their removal means spring can't be far away and warmer nights that do not require string lights to seem beautiful.

Outfit details:
vintage cardigan
UO mittens
Triptych dress (similar here)

7 comments:

Eat Live Love said...

So cute! I love night pictures, the lights look magical! Happy Friday!

Naomi said...

Love your coat and your cute mittens!

The Occasional Indulgence

Vicki said...

Those mittens are just about the cutest things I've ever seen! And the rest of your outfit is lovely as well.
I'm always sad to see the Christmas lights gone, but it makes me happy to think that they'll be back for the next holiday season. Now to start taking down all my Christmas decorations...

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Mostly Lisa said...

That coat is amazing and so flattering! :D

You look gorgeous.

Always,
Mostly Lisa

Alexandra Waring said...

oh my god, these gloves are the cutest!!

www.whats-alexandrawaring.blogspot.co.uk

bridges and balloons said...

forever beautiful.

Ester DurĂ£es said...

aww those mittens are so adorable, I love them! love how you matched them with that shirt, you look amazing! :)

Drawing Dreaming

Web Statistics