>

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Oversized and Overwhelmed

I like that slouchy sweater, over-sized piece of clothing look...on other people. At 5'1" I feel like my frame disappears beneath something that doesn't fit me properly. Still occasionally I come across an article of clothing that doesn't suit my idea of "flattering" and I can't resist. Like this sweater; big and loose and far too long, but with a little half-tuck I still look reasonably proportioned from the front. I wore it quite often this past summer as a light layer, but never showed it on the blog because as mentioned: turns me into a bit of a striped blob. Still, I do love it.

Outfit details: 
Seychelles heels
Clinique lipstick

11 comments:

carelessly cut said...

It's lovely!
In love with your skirt too,

Rosie x

Selinah said...

You always look amazing!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

That's funny, I was in Pepe Jeans in the summer and bought the same dress that you have from them (before I'd seen it here) and I almost bought that sweater as well! In the end I didn't think the colours went well enough with most of my summer things, but I did really like it.
Great minds think alike. :)

Charlotte F said...

I think it looks great on you! This outfit is perfect! (and I love how the colour of those tights matches your hair). :)

amanda said...

wow! i am adoring this outfit. the scallop on the skirt and the tassels on the shoes. love love love! its so coordinated but looks so effortless. digging it!

amanda
http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

Sydney said...

I'm the same...I love the oversized look but I never feel like it works on me. You look cute though, this sweater works for you. :)

Sasha said...

Your Shoes and jumper are amazing
Xoxo
Sasha
http://bubblingupinblue.blogspot.co.uk/

An Scenic World said...

You're 5'1"?? Wow, I never would have guessed that. --Oh, and I love your outfit, of course! That skirt!

Lisa said...

Whether oversized or not, this outfit in no way overwhelms you. In every outfit you post, you wear the clothes--they never wear you! You have great style.

ftashion said...

Love the scalloped skirt! Think you did slouchy style perfect.:)

ftashion
ashlapin

Pansy Lane said...

Psssh nooooo that sweater looks like it was made for you! But I know what you mean, as a short person some things are just off limits, haha.

Web Statistics