>

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Gone Antiquing

My father visited me the other weekend and we went trooped around all the antique stores in the area. I almost never buy anything from antique or vintage shops these days, but I still get a kick of trying on funny hats and caressing the vintage cameras (so pretty). It's always fun to go shopping with my father--we tend to wander apart then call the other person over to show them some quirky find. It's definitely a good way to pass the weekend and one of these days I will splurge on that handpainted antique side table or fur stole.

Outfit details: 
Neneee cardigan
purse c/o Modcloth (old)

9 comments:

Kitsune-kun said...

ooo love the pattern/ colour scheme of that dress. pretty pretty.

Angie D said...

That beehive hat--so fun!!

Alexandra Butler said...

I love antiquing! Although like you said I haven't been in far to long, the same with vintage shopping - I really should get myself to some fairs because even when I do t buy anything I just love to look around and see what beautiful things exist out there!

Alexandra Lauren Rose

chestnutmocha said...

your dress is so pretty! I love it very much! I would love to go shopping with my father, but I can't imagine him going with me to an antique shop.. uhh.. Did you leave without buying anything? I wouldn't be able to resist getting something :-)

Naomi said...

You didn't make any cool purchases? Bummer!

The Occasional Indulgence

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

@chestnut mocha, my father is actually much more fond of shopping than my mother (ironic esp considering he's in the military and people stereotype), but yeah I go shopping with him far more than my mother. and no, I didn't buy anything--I have everything I need, so it's hard to buy things I know will just take up room :)

Pansy Lane said...

THAT BEE HAT!

Maya Rupard said...

Can you tell me what store you were in (specifically the one with the bee hat if you went to multiple stores?) I live around Lancaster and wanted to go check out some antique and vintage stores.

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

@Maya, Sorry I don't remember which one the bee hat was in. We went to the antique stores in Carlisle though. If you go to one they typically have a list of others as well--there's like 7 we visited that day, so I sort of blurred them together which is which and never paid much attention to names anyway. I wish I could be more helpful, but when someone else drives I tend to tune out.

Web Statistics