The Evolution Of Winter Outfits

I am a sucker for backless dresses even in winter...the sheer sleeves on this one from Onze give me the illusion of warmth, although I was more than ready to shrug my jacket back on by the time these shots were snapped. The tights really added to the festive feel of the dress and made for a nice concert outfit over the weekend--I added thigh high socks and a heavier coat to survive the cold in the evening. That's the thing about winter outfits: they're in a constant state of evolution. You walk indoors and off comes the hat, coat, and scarf. Back outdoors and you layer it up again. Mittens off for opening doors or really doing anything with your hands. Heading out again at night, more layers--another pair of tights, a thicker pair of tall socks. Worried about snow or ice? Might have to switch your shoes for boots. Hermit-ing at the end of a day? Off with the coat, on with a cozy cardigan. It's a constant game of addition and subtraction. Did I wear this on Saturday? Yes, but I also "styled" several other looks at various points in the day...
P.S. Onze is having a sale tomorrow (12/7), you can get 25% off all dresses with code "Dress25"

Outfit details:
Seams to Be scarf

CONVERSATION

Back
to top