>

Thursday, December 20, 2012

As A Tower Firmly Set

BeBop sent me this dress right in time for holiday parties and it really is so perfect for the season. The gilded lace is perfectly festive, but the cut of the dress is comfy enough for a family holiday dinner where you eat until your belly aches. It was definitely comfortable enough for the mini-road trip I took to see this tower in Nazareth, PA. I spotted the tower on Kathryn's blog and knew I had to pay the lovely site a visit myself. I talked my good friend Jon into making the drive with me and we arrived just before sunset to see the tower framed with trees at the highest point of the city. The location affords a beautiful view of the valley below and despite the chill in the air I had fun exploring the tower and getting these shots. The highlight of the trip though was the diner we stopped at on the way back--we might have been the only people there under 45, but they had the best french fries.
I don't get around PA enough, but I really want to explore more sites like this one while I live here. I move often enough (I've only been here for about five months) that I should act like a tourist around my home. Does anyone have suggestions for other neat places in Pennsylvania to visit?

Outfit details:
vintage beret
H&M cardigan
initial necklace
Seychelles oxfords
*pictures by Jon

20 comments:

Sara Gerard said...

Awesome tower! I love the jacket and the hat, they don't take away from the dress as I would have thought, but compliment it well :)

I don't know where anything in PA is which is sad because my Father used to live there when he was a little boy, and was too young to remember anything. If you are ever in Michigan however, I could give you a hefty list.

Kate S. said...

Nazareth is actually very close to where I live! If you're still in that area, it's definitely worth checking out Bethlehem and Easton, which have tons of neat historic sites. Bethlehem has a couple of tours and shops open in the downtown area for the holiday season, too.

Kristina Strain said...

Though I'm a New Yorker, I've done a lot of exploring around PA. Stroudsburg is lovely for its quaint Amish-ness, Centralia is the site of a subterranean coal fire that has turned the place into a ghost town-- really neat, Gettysburg is awesome... I've heard good things about Williamsport... and there's always Philly, of course...

Sara said...

Crystal Cove, Delaware Water Gap, Bushkill Falls, Lancaster County!

-Sara, Road to the Heart

Rebecca Jane said...

I don't know what part of this outfit I love more, that cute cardigan or the perfect beret!

Nancy Wilde said...

So pretty! All of your photographs remind me of some sort of fairytale.
I love your shoes!

www.nancywilde.blogspot.com

Catherine said...

Love the dress - and this tower is such a cool location. It's like something out of a storybook!

You look lovely as always~

Shanti said...

fantastic photos like always! beautiful setting and outfit, love the holiday sparkle!

Helen said...

A perfect festive dress and I need the shoes!

Kitsune-kun said...

bushkill falls is beautiful! I'm really obsessed with columcille though- I mean how could anything really top it? I'm dying to go back when it's covered in snow!. also: http://www.weirdus.com/states/pennsylvania/index.php

Kristian said...

The hat and jacket compliment the dress perfectly!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

Such a pretty outfit, love these pictures so much :)

Sarah Kyle said...

love the gold touches

Kayla said...

I am loving this outfit! It is so festive! I love every single aspect of it. This sounds like a wonderful trip. Diners are so much fun!

elizabeth said...

You might enjoy New Hope/Lambertville. I'm not sure about this time of year, but in the warmer months there are plenty of flea markets.

(Hard G) Gillian said...

I'd guess you've already been to Tucquan Glen nature preserve, but it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Poetry Paths in Lancaster. Central Market in Lancaster. Buchannan's house in Lancaster. Magic Garden in Philadelphia. Falling Water. Andy Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. Strip District in Pittsburgh. Horse Shoe Curve on the Amtrak Pennsylvanian.

scarlet said...

Absolute perfect dress which would like to wear on my ull figure bras

Charles said...

I haven't been to your blog in a long while but I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours. Just stunning!
xx

http://wearingwolf.blogspot.com

gina said...

Hershey Park and Chocolate Factory

Nemacolin Castle

Falling Water

Johnstown and the Flood Museum and the Inclined Plane

Maple Festival in Meyersdale

Lancaster and the Amish (get shoo-fly pie)

Gettysburg battlefield

9-11 Memorial

Pittsburgh:
the Cathedral of Learning and Heinz Chapel on the Pitt Campus, the Warhol Museum, the Strip District, the Frick house and museum

Winterthur (DuPont house, I forget if it's in PA or right across the border in Delaware)

Groundhog Day in Punxsutawney!


Web Statistics