Old But Not Very Wise

I never got much back-to-school excitement, either the first day or any subsequent morning during the school year even when I was in junior high--I was pretty tired of classes and classmates and homework. I loved reading, I even enjoyed many of my assignments, but turning them in, worrying about grades, vague attempts at socialization with people I lacked common interests with...it was a drag. I almost didn't go to college because it just seemed an extension of the false promises of glory years that never happened in high school. What did get me excited (and still does) was some nights or mornings when I've planned out a perfect outfit. Either with new pieces or old ones I had never pictured together before, a good outfit makes me excited to start a new day. It's as if the clothes hold the promise of good things--more than the activities planned for the day, there's a strange potential in a well-planned outfit. It's obvious in the way heels change your gait; either giving you confidence and straightening your posture, or slowing you to a snail's pace--clothes affect your attitude, affect your day, etc. So, when an outfit feels like kismet, one hopes the day will be equally spectacular. This was one such outfit that I was excited to get up and put on.

Outfit details:
Fred Flare sunglasses
UO blouse
vintage Coach purse

CONVERSATION

Back
to top