People Who Wear Impressive Clothes Lead Better Lives

As mentioned I'm in New York for fashion week. So much of this trip is thanks to all the wonderful people at Tumblr (p.s. follow tumblr.com/nyfw for regular updates). It's only the second day, but I'm convinced this is going to be my best fashion week so far!

Jessica took my outfit pictures and I'm quite an awkward mess in front of the camera when someone one else it holding it. I also ate some pavement thanks to these shoes (I'm quite alright, nothing damaged but pride...and not too much of that since I'm sharing the story!). I started off the day with breakfast with Jessica then headed over to MILK Studios for the IFB Conference. My favorite part of these conferences is getting an opportunity to talk other bloggers in person. Highlights were definitely running into Lucrecia, JazziMcG, and Meg (the only one I successfully snapped a sub-par picture of--they were all looking super stylish).
The best part of the Conference were keynote speakers Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough of Proenza Schouler. I am quite a fan of their designs and they were very eloquent as well. They even took questions via Twitter and audience members.
After IFB wrapped up the Tumblr crew headed over to Barneys for a marvelous dinner with Simon Doonan and Amanda Brooks. The food was delicious and the conversations were even better. Simon and Amanda had so many pearls of wisdom to share, as well as hilarious anecdotes. I mean, who know Simon Doonan had an Ed Hardy iphone case (perhaps this article was our clue?). It was such a wonderful night and could have lasted much longer had exhaustion not set in. Seriously, what better way to start fashion week than discussing Ed Hardy and Yulia Tymoshenko?
*Also, my apologies for failing to photograph many of these things; you can check out my Twitter for some rather casual iPhone pics and definitely check out the amazing content many of the other Tumblrers are producing.

Outfit details:
Forever 21 coat
Urban Outfitters gloves
tights, birthday gift from my sister
Jeffrey Campbell booties via Solestruck
*pictures taken by the lovely Jessica of What I Wore

CONVERSATION

Back
to top