Revisiting the Sixties

I've never been such a fan of the 60's mod style. I'm not sure why; maybe it is the bright, almost garish, hard prints, maybe it is the fact the shift shape does nothing for my figure, or maybe it is the choice of synthetic materials that was commonly done. Whatever the reason, while I occasionally admire the images (I don't even care for most of the films made in this period...), I just never really like the style. It's slightly ironic because I would probably get along a lot better with the "typical" woman of the 60s than her repressed 50's sister who I tend to dress like...theclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detailtheclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detail

Point being, this is the gorgeous shift dress I just got this weekend from the antique store. It actually looks very nice on me and even I am reluctant to belt (though like a true addict I inevitably will at some point). When I was purchasing it the older man at the counter kept pointing out how I could lengthen the hem. It took me a moment to realize, but what he meant was, it looked too short for me! It was marked "little girls," but I have a good eye for telling if things will fit (I couldn't try it on, no dressing room). I'd like to share with everyone that it does have a shorter hem, but it is passes fingertip length, so it would pass those obnoxious rules many schools enforce.

I was too weary to go outside for the pictures, so these are shot from my bed. There's also a small closeup of my eyeliner, since I wing it nearly every day but no one can really tell. I wing it less boldly in the summer; hot weather calls for lighter make up, right?theclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detailtheclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detailtheclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detailtheclotheshorse, the, clothes, horse, vintage, photoshoot, secondhand, retro, sixties, 60s, mod, dress, heels, fashion, style, daily, outfit, ribbon, bow, detail

Outfit details: dress- vintage, shoes- Nine West via Amazon.com, lucite bow- vintage via Etsy

CONVERSATION

Back
to top